D is for Dominance
People with the DISC D style personality tend to place a strong emphasis on shaping the environment and overcoming opposition to accomplish results.
D styles are motivated by winning, competition, and success. They prioritize taking action, accepting challenges, and achieving results and are often described as direct and demanding, strong-willed, driven, and determined. D styles tend to be outspoken, but can be rather skeptical and questioning of others.
- Fears: being seen as vulnerable or being taken advantage of
- Values: competency, action, concrete results, personal freedom, and challenges
- Overuses: the need to win, resulting in win/lose situations
- Influences others by: assertiveness, insistence, competition
- In conflict: speaks up about problems; looks to even the score
- Could improve effectiveness through: patience, empathy
DISC Classic patterns: Developer, Result-Oriented, Inspirational, Creative