I stands for influence
People with the DISC I style personality tend to place an emphasis on shaping the environment by influencing or persuading others.
I styles are motivated by social recognition, group activities, and relationships. They prioritize taking action, collaboration, and expressing enthusiasm and are often described as warm, trusting, optimistic, magnetic, enthusiastic, and convincing.
- Fears: loss of influence, disapproval, being ignored, rejection
- Values: coaching and counseling, freedom of expression, democratic relationships
- Overuses: optimism, praise
- Influences others through: charm, optimism, energy
- In conflict: expresses feelings, gossips
- Could improve effectiveness through: being more objective, following through on tasks
DISC Classic patterns: Promoter, Persuader, Counselor, Appraiser