S stands for Steadiness
People with the DISC S style personality tend to place an emphasis on cooperating with others within existing circumstances to carry out a task.
S styles are motivated by cooperation, opportunities to help, and sincere appreciation. They prioritize giving support, collaborating, and maintaining stability and are often described as calm, patient, predictable, deliberate, stable, and consistent.
- Fears: change, loss of stability, offending others, letting people down
- Values: loyalty, helping others, security
- Overuses: modesty, passive resistance, compromise
- Influences others by: accommodation, consistent performance
- In conflict: listens to others’ perspectives; keeps their own needs to themselves
- Could improve effectiveness through: displaying more self-confidence, revealing their true feelings
DISC Classic patterns: Specialist, Achiever, Agent, Investigator